Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trust must be earned

My large, magenta-coloured, recyclable campaign signs are up in Ward 1 and my smaller, bio-degradable lawn signs will start going up this week.

I’m encouraged by the support Ward 1 electors have shown towards me and look forward to representing them on Town Council.

My canvassing tours of Ward 1 neighbourhoods have given me an opportunity to fully appreciate the diversity of issues and opinions and especially your suggestions for improving the relationship between taxpayers and our Town Council.

I am amazed at the overwhelming amount of goodwill and generosity of our neighbourhoods, even among residents whose fortunes have declined because of circumstances beyond their control.

One of the recurring questions asked of me is: Are you going to be another one of the politicians who has little contact with the taxpayers after the election?

My answer is: If elected, I would not only have a mandate, but a moral obligation to represent and protect the interests of Ward 1 electors and would vote in a way that serves their interests and needs.

Trust, in all forms, must be earned. And I plan to earn that trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment