Monday, September 20, 2010

Thanks for your opinions!

It’s just five weeks away from the municipal election.  I’ve personally visited about 1500 homes in Ward 1 to introduce myself and find out what’s on YOUR minds.

People have been asking, “what would possess anyone to run for city council?”

Short answer: The burden of municipal taxation is eating away money that supports our families. 

It’s eroding our ability to meet our daily living needs; food, clothing, utilities and services costs. We pay some of the highest taxes in the GTA and as a taxpayer; I’m looking for value for money – same as you!

I’m running because I believe I can make a difference for and on behalf of Ward 1 electors. I am running so there is a strong voice at council to represent YOU, your families and your issues.

I have 30 years of professional experience as a financial ‘watchdog and gatekeeper’ for the spending of public funds. I know how to look for cost savings and I’m looking for ways to lowering our taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment